Mercedes me adapter free

A place to talk.
Marrow
A45 Newbie
A45 Newbie

Mercedes me adapter free

Post by Marrow » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:45 pm

Hi just had my car into merc to look at a few niggles and they are giving away free mercedes me adapters. It’s a fairly point less app and limited functionality at least in my pre facelift but it’s free.

I Thought some of you you may be interested!
0 x

MAFFA

Re: Mercedes me adapter free

Post by MAFFA » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:39 pm

Marrow wrote:Hi just had my car into merc to look at a few niggles and they are giving away free mercedes me adapters. It’s a fairly point less app and limited functionality at least in my pre facelift but it’s free.

They wrote to me ages ago offering me one. I said yeah alright...never heard from them again! Image
0 x
2014 A45 AMG ¦ Jupiter Red ¦ AMG Aero Pack ¦ AMG De-Resonated Sports Exhaust ¦ 19" AMG Alloys ¦ AMG Exclusive Pack ¦ Full Leather incl. Heated Seats & Leather Dashboard ¦ Panoramic Sunroof ¦ AMG Night Pack ¦ Privacy Glass

robgsi
A45 Newbie
A45 Newbie

Post by robgsi » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:22 am

I had one also fitted to my pre face lift and was an absolute waste of time.
0 x

Marrow
A45 Newbie
A45 Newbie

Post by Marrow » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:32 am

MAFFA wrote:
Marrow wrote:Hi just had my car into merc to look at a few niggles and they are giving away free mercedes me adapters. It’s a fairly point less app and limited functionality at least in my pre facelift but it’s free.

They wrote to me ages ago offering me one. I said yeah alright...never heard from them again! Image

You’re not missing much !
0 x

MAFFA

Post by MAFFA » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:43 am

Marrow wrote:
MAFFA wrote:

You’re not missing much !
Yeah I figured. Read a few posts on it already...hence why I’ve not bothered following it up Image
0 x
2014 A45 AMG ¦ Jupiter Red ¦ AMG Aero Pack ¦ AMG De-Resonated Sports Exhaust ¦ 19" AMG Alloys ¦ AMG Exclusive Pack ¦ Full Leather incl. Heated Seats & Leather Dashboard ¦ Panoramic Sunroof ¦ AMG Night Pack ¦ Privacy Glass

andymc
New User
New User

Post by andymc » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:22 am

To be fair there is an added advantage to this unit that might not be so obvious

I only had my a45 for 3 weeks ('14 plate bought from an independent garage) when I drove up to the local Merc garage to go and look at the AMG GT-R.

they mentioned the Merc-Me adapter so I got one fitted. this was a Saturday. The car wasn't under warranty and they had no previous knowledge of it - and I didn't register any details with them (outside of the app asking for my email address).

Monday morning 0900 - I got an email from the garage saying that my car had 2 outstanding recalls and I should call them asap to book it in. The only way they would have done this was through the info the adapter must have sent.
0 x

dorsetred
A45 Groupie
A45 Groupie

Post by dorsetred » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:47 am

I've go the app on both mobiles and my laptop which I wouldn't be without simply due to the information which I can see on the details available, that includes distance travelled, fuel, actual location including when my wife is driving away from home. I've mentioned in another thread there are a variety of benefits including updates, News and if required further details through the app itself, perhaps having an abundance of available time means I've gone through the app and still not finished. Well worthwhile to my mind 8-)
0 x
MY16 GLA45 AMG 4MATIC PREMIUM
Previous - MY15 BMW 218d Active Tourer, MY13 BMW 118d Coupe, MY11 Honda Civic V-Tech Type R GT, MY09 Volvo C-30 1.8 R-Design, MY01 Honda HRV, too many more.

andymc
New User
New User

Post by andymc » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:10 pm

Bottom line is - the adapter is free (normally £40+) until the end of this year. Why not! If you don't like it then sell it on eBay from Jan when they start charging for it :)
0 x

Marrow
A45 Newbie
A45 Newbie

Post by Marrow » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:02 pm

andymc wrote:Bottom line is - the adapter is free (normally £40+) until the end of this year. Why not! If you don't like it then sell it on eBay from Jan when they start charging for it :)
Not a bad idea Image
0 x